The Claudiana Editrice (publishing house), was founded in 1855 for the propagation of the Bible and religious literature in Italy.
The name was taken from Claudio, Bishop of Turin, biblicist and reformer of the 9th century.
By choosing him as a reference, the Waldensians stressed the link which united their preaching to the reformist tradition of Italian Catholicism.
The publishing house, situated in Turin, has published works of Protestant theology and history during recent decades. Four book shops are associated with the work of the Claudiana at:
Torino, via Principe Tommaso 1
Milano, via Francesco Sforza 12/a
Firenze, Borgo Ognissanti
Roma, piazza Cavour 32
e-mail: CLAUDIANA EDITRICE